A Brief History of South Rockwood
South Rockwood was founded during the 1860's by John Strong, who came from Canada and named the village after his home town in Ontario. Mr. Strong built and operated several enterprises in the village, including a flour mill, stave mill, and general store. A post office was opened in 1877.
South Rockwood was incorporated as a village in 1955. today it is primarily a suburban, bedroom community. Interstate 75, which traverses the Village north and south, provides rapid access to both the Detroit and Toledo, Ohio, metropolitan areas.
South Rockwood has an abundance of natural resources and outdoor recreation space. The predominant natural feature in the Village is the Huron River, which forms the northern boundary of the Village.
The Village of South Rockwood is located in Berlin Charter Township, in Monroe County.
Click here to link to Berlin Charter Township's website
Click here to link to Monroe County's website
Tire RecyclingMonroe County Drain Commission Office
1005 S. Raisinville Rd., Monroe
9 am - 12 pm
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Bedford Township Hall - 8100 Jackman Rd., Temperance
3pm - 7 pm
2015 Water Quality Report
Village of South Rockwood 2015 Annual Water Quality Report.